Message From The CEO
What to Expect Upon Admission
Patient Rights, Privacy, and Safety
Access to Medical Records
Case Management/Discharge Planning
Telephone, Television, Internet Access
Our patients are screened for nutritional needs and provided with education as indicated. Some medications and conditions have special nutritional requirements. A registered dietician is available to assist you with any nutrition concerns you may have.
Please feel free to bring in food for your family member or friend. We request that the following guidelines are adhered to in order to protect the health of our patients.
- Have a nurse verify that the food item follows the diet, which is prescribed by the doctor.
- Please have a nurse label the food item with the patient’s name and the date it was placed into the refrigerator.
- Ensure that the food items that are not individually packaged are covered in a re-sealable container.
- Perishable food items and foods that are prepared at home must be discarded by the fourth day. Unopened, individually wrapped items must be discarded by the manufacturer’s expiration date.
- Food may not be taken to a patient’s room and then returned to the refrigerator. Once food is in the patient room it must be discarded or taken home with you.
- Dry, packaged foods may be stored in the patient’s room after the nurse labels the items with the patient’s name, medical record number, and date opened.
- The facility reserves the right to discard any food or beverage that appears to be unsafe or outdated.
Please feel free to ask for a nurse or dietician if you have
any questions or concerns.
- Vibra's cafeteria is open Monday – Friday for our visitors. Please refer to the posted hours for breakfast and lunch at the cafeteria entrances.
- Vending Machines and a microwave oven are located within the cafeteria and are accessible at all times.
- Water/coffee are available in the cafeteria during the day and at nursing stations in the evenings